Heart disease is easier to treat when detected early, one should consult a doctor about the problems regarding heart health. If the patient is concerned about developing heart disease, talk to the doctor about steps that can be taken to reduce the heart disease risk. This is especially important if the patient has a family history of heart disease.
- Blood vessel disease, such as coronary artery disease
- Heart rhythm problems (arrhythmias)
- Heart defects people born with (congenital heart defects)
- Heart valve disease
- Disease of the heart muscle
- Heart infection
- Chest pain, chest tightness and chest discomfort
- Shortness of breath or having problems while breathing.
- Pain, numbness, weakness or coldness in legs or arms if the blood vessels in those parts of the body are narrowed
- Pain in the neck, jaw, throat, upper abdomen or back